If you read our post last month on hosting big holidays with little stress, you may remember that we recommend having a designated kids table or kids area. This table can have coloring books, crayons, some edible gingerbread kinetic play dough, or an easy craft they can do independently or with little help! This little craft is perfect for little hands yet even the bigger kids will enjoy doing it. Of course the teacher in me gets giddy every time I can sneak in some fine motor play! These make great ornaments that your child will be so proud to display!
What you’ll need:
- green yarn
- small colored craft pom poms
- sturdy cardstock paper (green or brown)
- white glue
- Cut your paper into triangles to resemble Christmas trees.
- Cut strips of yarn about a yard long for each tree.
- Tape one end of the strip of yarn to each paper triangle to prevent it from coming undone as your child works on it.
4. Have your child wrap the yarn entirely around the triangle. I know it is tempting to guide them in making the perfect craft, but I encourage you to let their creative juices flow!
5. Once they have wrapped the yarn all around the triangle you may use another piece of tape to secure it in place. You now have a little Christmas tree!
6. Add drops of glue where the ornaments will go and have your child place pom poms all over their tree.
Voila! You have an easy craft that will keep your kids entertained for quite some time! The prep for this craft is so quick and easy so go ahead and make a bunch so the kids can make multiple trees!
Try this at home? Let us know what you think in the comments below!